Thursday, March 19, 2009

Writer's Workshop -- It Only Takes 3 Minutes to.....

I hope I don't get detention for missing last week's assignment.... but, you have to understand MamaKat---- I was getting ready for vacation.....!!!

Anyway, for this week's workshop, MamaKat wants to know..... It takes me 3 minutes to:

1. Take a shower (yes, I do get clean)
2. Go from room to room and wake everybody in the morning
3. Get the kids breakfast ready & waiting for them (cereal or pop-tarts…I’m not supermom)
4. Give my dogs their daily pills
5. Make my bed
6. Lose my patience because things aren’t going the way I want
7. Have sex (a quickie, peeps….. we have kids) (BTW- sorry Dad, if I embaraased you with this one...but I am a big girl now!!! ) :)
8. Get dressed on the mornings that I don’t work (all I really do is put a bra on under my pajamas…. I know—a bit “WT”… but I am only dropping the kids off)
9. Go to Chic-Fil-A for my daily large sweet tea w/ extra ice (I’m pretty sure they know it’s me every time they hear that order)
10. Start the hot bubble bath that I will soak in for 30 minutes (AMEN to this one!!!)

20 comments:

April said...

I really hope you wear more than just a bra when you drop the kids off. That could be REALLY embarrasing to them! Not to mention a tad illegal. ;)

Carrin said...

At least you take the timeto put a bra on. Can't say that I always do!
3 minutes for sex? Sometimes the quickies are the best.

Chloe said...

I envy your ability to have short showers! When I get in there, I'm in there for at least 15!

{Came over from Mama Kat's Workshop} :)

Cupcake Dessert said...

i love chic fil-a!!! and hot baths are the best!!! #7.. wow.. wow :)

Musings of the Mrs. said...

Wow. You are fast. I guess it comes with having all those kids, huh? It takes me 5 minutes just to get the shower warm enough for me to actually want to get in. I think I'm in trouble.

Mama Nut said...

It's amazing how many things you can do in just three minutes when you're a mom. Are we multitaskers or what?

Ashlee said...

I would take 3 minutes of highschool style makeout with my husband I think, over the sex :) lol!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

You had me laughing with #7!! Fun list.

Stu Pidasso said...

No self proclaimed crazy bi-otch would ever take less than three minutes!! And I wear just my bra when I drop the kids at school too!!

Unknown said...

I can do #4 and #5 too, but #8 really doesn't work for me and #7 takes longer at this age. But the really impressive one is the three minute shower. Good job.

Diane said...

Sometimes I don't even bother with the bra... makes getting out of the house even faster ;).

And at this point, I'd be happy with 3 minute sex... it's better than the imaginary sex I've been having! Sigh. :)

Michelle said...

Wow, three minutes to take a shower. You would fit in well in drought california. :)

Los said...

I take showers in about 5 minutes ... not too shabby.

Kate P. said...

Pretty much sounds like my mornings...minus the sex and the sweet tea. Replace those with Brew 8 cups of coffee and scream at the top of my lungs at my kids to GET IN THE CAR!!!!

Michelle said...

Three minutes to do ALL THAT??? Or each thing three minutes? See that's the one of the ways I understood this prompt. But if you read others you can see that everyone saw this different. LOL

Couple comments:

YOu can have sex in 3 minutes????

You guy to Chick fil A in your PJ's???? Drive thru right?

Thanks for visiting me yesterday. I've actually been to your blog before. can't remember when or why...but I hope I left a comment.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

It really is amazing what we can accomplish in 3 minutes!

Minxy Mimi said...

LOL
Hope your dad didnt get too embaressed!!!
I can also take a shower in 3 minutes!!

Rhonda said...

Great list!! I love the quickie one!!!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Mmm, that tea sounds so good right now. Chic-Fil-A has awesome sweet tea! That bubble bath sounds heavenly.

Sandra said...

I do the same thing with the bra under my night clothes... that's white trash? Cool!!!