Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wordful Wednesday - Me and My Guy!!

It's Wordful Wednesday again at Seven Clown Circus.....one of my favorite posts of the week....I always look forward to sharing pictures and talking with you all....kind of like I do in the "real world". Too bad, we can't get together in person every Wednesday....imagine how fun that would be for all of us to sit around sharing pictures and chatting the morning away!!! :) Maybe someday.....

This week I'm going to share my guy....... well, not really "share" him.....although that might be kind of fun for him...he-he :)!!! But, I am going to share about how great he is!!
We met about 6 years ago, became good friends for a while and then against our wills we took it to the next step!! I say "against our wills" because we really tried to stay just friends....we had both just gone through rough breakups and really thought we didn't want to get into another relationship.
But, God had other plans for us.... we couldn't resist each other....couldn't resist wanting to be together... so we did!!! And here we are now...6 years later....with a daughter....and maybe someday he will be a stepdaddy (hope your reading this, babe!!)!!!
He is very good to me...he takes care of me, takes me on cool trips, buys me nice things, helps motivate me to do the things I want to do, he is a good daddy to Angie and really good with the boys. You know, he went from living alone, with his dog....to living with me and all of the kids....an instant family....just put us in the blender and stir!!! :)
Of course, we have our hard times...we have our disagreements...but who doesn't....? It makes it more interesting...plus everyone knows what happens after a good fight... "make-up ---"......oh, I better not go too far...my dad reads this!!
I look forward to many, many more years with him.....and maybe one day I will be telling you about our wedding...... our beach wedding, with just a few people there, barefoot in the sand at sunset!! (no, i don't think about it much). :)

20 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like you two were meant to be. :)

April said...

It's funny how when you don't want a relationship, the perfect one falls in your lap. God sure knows what he's doing. Hope you get that wedding soon. Sounds like yall already have a marriage.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Thnak you for sharing..

The same thing happen to me....I had my boys and along came my (now) hubby and we have a little girl! He was a single guy alone and they wham here we are all 5 of us and having a blast!

Hope you'll get the beach wedding you want!

Joy said...

what a sweet post I'm sure he would be proud

Anonymous said...

It sounds just wonderful! I'm happy for both of you!

jo@blog-diggidy said...

hahaha, it's like hint hint...lol

Rachel said...

He sounds like a great guy! So glad you found each other!

Rob said...

Thank you so much for sharing your guy. He sounds great! I am happy you are so happy!

Becca

Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

Carrin said...

I've heard you always find "the one" when you aren't looking. I never believed it until it happened to me. Sounds like the same thing happened to you!
Can't wait to hear about the proposal, right?

Minxy Mimi said...

What a lovely story, you are a handsome couple!

Emily said...

ahhh! I love this post melissa! darling!

Brenda said...

How wonderful for you, it sounds like you are very happy.

canoedad said...

make-up... what??? Your Dad has never heard of this...

Amy McMean said...

What a hott couple!!!

Kathleen W. said...

That's such a sweet tribute, and you both sounds so happy together.

PS I love your blog design!

Nicole said...

It's always nice to hear about people that were meant to be! Congrats on finding the one.

Unknown said...

What a sweet story!!! :) Sounds like you are definetely meant to be!

Chris said...

Finding the right person makes all the difference in the world.

I know of at least one crises that the two of you have faced -- I hope and pray you have many more years of happiness together.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

He sounds like a good one! Good luck getting that wedding.

Claremont First Ward said...

It would be fun to all be able to get together, wouldn't it? Thanks for sharing your man with us for a few minutes this morning (well, yesterday, but I'm late getting around) so that we can see why you love him. :)