Thursday, March 5, 2009

Normal Is.......

For this week's assignment, MamaKat prompts me with "Normal is........."

In my family, normal is, hmmm.... how do I say this.... normal is c-r-a-z-y!! That's right...our normal is crazy. Joe will often joke that we live in the crazy house!!! We never have a dull, quiet moment....well, except in the middle of the night after everyone is fast asleep!!

From the moment I get up in the morning...it is go, go, go!! I get ready myself, get the kids up & fed, make lunches and then we're off for the day. After we get home from work/school, it is go, go, go again.... I send the kids outside to play, I make dinner, then it's bath time, family time, dessert time and then bed time. Non-stop movement from 6:30am - 10:30pm...everyday!!!
People often aske me "how can you be so skinny with 4 kids???", in which I reply "I have 4 kids...that's why"!!! I am constantly moving....I'm always the last to sit down and eat, therefore I don't eat the full meal, and I am always running after somebody!!

But that's normal for us..... on any given day I can hear "mommy" a billion times.... sometimes all at once!! There are times when I can't even get a word..or a thought in edgewise. But that's normal for us!!

Would I change it.....? Hmmmmm...... to sit on the sandy beaches of Fiji....or snorkel off the Great Barrier Reef.....or hike and rock climb in the Smoky Mountains..... uh, NO....not for a mintue!!!!

6 comments:

lsnellings said...

I love your response to the skinny question! I just tell people I haven't been able to eat a hot meal in 4 years and cold food just isn't that appetizing!

Keyona said...

I too hear "mommy" a million times and go crazy when she's away because I miss her voice.

Carrin said...

I think your normal seems awfully familar!
It always amazes me how we manage to do it all.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Sounds a lot like my house and I love it all, everyday!

April said...

I swear I hear my kids even when they are not here because that is so normal.

Michelle said...

Do you turn when I kid says mom, even when it isn't your kid? I do!