Anyway, I really am having a hard time with this birthday; she would've been 60 years old yesterday and that's one of those "big deal" birthdays. I have memories in my head of how she used to look and how she looked as the cancer took over her body and it's weird for me to imagine what she would look like at 60.... and that make me sad!!
Sorry for the blah-ness.... I'll now move on to a happier "subject" (subject being MamaKat of course)...
10 Things TO-DO in June
1) Get through the "last days of school"... Locker/desk clean-outs mean big messes at home, class parties and buying teacher gifts!! This feels like a big move-up for my kids this time... In a few short months CJ will be a junior (yikes), Ethan will be a freshman (double yikes), Joseph in 5th grade (wowzers) and my baby girl Angie in 2nd grade (WOWZEEE). WHERE.DOES.THE.TIME.GO?
2) Summer Cleaning... always, the first few days of summer vacation consistent of "summer cleaning" (mom of the year, huh?). The kids have to clean out their closets of too small clothes/shoes, under their beds etc...
3) Get Ethan to the dentist for his pre-braces work... and then to orthodontist for braces.... yay, starting freshman year with braces (again... mom of the year?)
4) Get Winnie's sutures removed... she had cysts removed from both sides on the back of her hips. In a couple days she'll get the sutures removed and she can finally get a bath! Thank goodness, because she S-T-I-N-K-S!
5) Get cabinets, counter tops, new tub, tiles etc... ordered for our kids' bathroom RE-MODEL. FUN.... seriously!
6) Get bathroom ready for re-model... everything cleared out and move what isn't being demolished etc... NOT fun!
7) Spend a few days at the resort with the kids... we love to do this!! Even though we won't be far from home, it still feels like a get-away vacation!!
8) Celebrate CJ's 16th birthday... yes, on June 21st, my first born baby will be of legal driving age! OH MM GEE....
9) Beach, beach beach... whenever, wherever and with whoever... we love the beach and we love the water!! 'nuff said!
10) Spend the last week doing all I can with the boys, as they will be gone with their Dad through the entire month of July.... This is one of my least favorite times of the year, (aside from when they're away from me on one of the holidys). Even though it's MUCH quieter, things just are NOT the same without them home!!
Thanks for sticking around...