Monday, March 30, 2009

These things NEVER happen at the right time!!!

I have been planning a little trip for me & the kids.... we are going to spend a few days away at the beach, while Joe holds down the fort!! I thought it would be nice to spend just "mom & kids" time and take them away from home during Spring Break..... and what better place than the beach.... fun in the sun!!!

I've got everything pretty much ready to go.... hotel room reserved, bags just about packed (we're leaving Wednesday), snacks/drinks packed, beach stuff packed and anticipation/excitement building. I am actually really looking forward to it; I love going away with the kids and watching them have fun and experience new adventures.... and plus, I really.need.a.tan.

Well, my dog decided that the plans were going to smooth and he felt the need to shake it up!!
We noticed him starting to limp on Saturday and by Sunday evening his paw was more than doubled in size and he could barely walk on it.

Off to the vet we went; and after lots of tests/xrays/bloodwork and medicine, the vet says he has cellulitis and basically every muscle and joint in that paw is inflamed. Now we have to keep a close eye on him to make sure it doesn't get worse.... and we have to give him an arsenal of medicine.... and I had to spend $500 that I wasn't expecting to have to spend----- before my vacation--- where that $500 would've been very useful!!

Arrrgggghhhh.... why can't these happen when I say it's okay to happen...... and not.before.my.vacation.

6 comments:

Carrin said...

Oh that sucks! But your pets are like your furry little kids, what do you do?

April said...

Stuff always happens like that to me too. I hope your dog will be better soon. It's hard to watch them in pain.

Sam_I_am said...

Don't you hate when that stuff happens? At least it wasn't something much worse. Have fun in the sun!

Amy McMean said...

That sucks. I hate when that happens. Last year before i went on vacation my 2 month old cousin had to undergo surgary. The day before i left I was so upset. But she was ok and my vacation was great.

Have fun in the sun.....wear some SPF!

Unknown said...

Man what a bummer! Are you guys still going to be able to make it?? What beach are you going to? Hopefully the west coast because it's beautiful over this way!!

I hope your pup gets to feeling better soon...poor baby!

Minxy Mimi said...

Oh No!!! What a bummer, I am glad you had the money to help the doggie tho.