Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fun in the Sun (and the Snow)!!!

TuTu, I hope this is not cheating; but since your topic today is "Time Management"...and everyone knows I am not a good time manager, I've decided to give my "two cents" on my vacation....

Last Thursday Joe and I flew out to Stowe, Vermont for some skiing and relaxtion time without children. Awwwww, what a nice trip we had!!!
I've always wanted to go to Vermont.... I've always heard how beautiful it is....how green it is (it is "The Green State")... how nice the people are!! And all of that is true.... well, except for the green part... we didn't see much green at all!!!

We had a rough start, with our flight out being WAYYYY delayed and not having a good experience with JetBlue airlines (don't get me started) and getting to our hotel at 3am; but after we woke up on Friday morning..... it erased all of those negative feelings. We opened up our hotel room curtains to bright blue, sunny sky and lots of fluffy, white snow!!

This was my first time skiing (I snowboarded last year and didn't have much luck), so I took a private lesson first. Then Joe and I headed out to the slopes. And while I did have a great instructor...super nice and patient and funny; I honestly learned more from Joe and just being out there doing it.

Our first day of skiing was spent with alot of time lifting me off my butt.... it seemed like I would get going too fast, not be able to zig zag enough to slow down and then make myself fall because I would get too scared!! But after a run or two like that, I got the hang of it and really enjoyed myself..... I even let Joe take me out on the blue slopes on Saturday. And the cool thing was that we met a really nice couple at one of the base camps and I sat with the woman and talked, while Joe went up with the husband and skiid the hard, "expert" slopes!! I was glad for that, because i didn't want his whole ski trip to be spent on the easy stuff, when he is a much better skiier....and I was-not going on anything more than a blue!!!

Anyway, we had alot of fun.... ate at some really cool restaurants...... saw some really cool sights and just r-e-l-a-x-e-d!!! I can't wait for next year's ski trip..... I'd love to go back to Stowe; but we might venture out west again. Watch out Joe... next year you will be chasing me down those black diamonds!!! Ha.... yeah right!!!

On the Gondola ride up the mountain
Look at this view down the mountain (from the Gondola)
Once I finally got the hang of it.... I kept going....
and going....
and going....
And here is Joe doing his best "Bodhi Miller"....
On our last day there....and on our way to the airport, we stopped at all of the tourist spots. We went to The VonTrapp Family lodge (remember the VonTrapp Family from The Sound of Music.... yeah one of my favorites too...).
And of course we went to the Ben & Jerry's factory...
hmmmm... which is your favorite flavor??
After a scenic drive through the mountains and some stops in Burlington, it was back to the airport for another "wonderful" experience with Jetblue (again...don't get me started.... and yes, it's safe to say that I will not be flying them again)!! Aside from that, it was a great vacation....
Thanks babe for wisking me away from our day-to-day craziness....for a few days of pure bliss!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! How fun! I've never skiied. I'd fall on my ass too.

...and yes, I do sound like Darth Vader.

TuTu's Bliss said...

lol I think this counts as Two Cents on time, "Don't fly jet blue they have poor time management" :)and vacation and take time off. I always love seeing what people have to dish out. Hugs, Jen

Carrin said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I think once you learn to stay off your ass, skiing can be lots of fun!

Amy said...

What a fun trip. Then the ice cream. What a treat.

April said...

Glad yall got to relax and have a great time. I've been skiing once and thought it was easier without the stick thingies.