Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Bachelor Sucked Me in.....and Let Me Down!!!

It's funny how after missing a few days of posting, I feel kind of lost... I miss you all when I don't "see" you every day!!!!

Today I'm going to use my "Two Cents" pass to talk about (complain about) the so-called reality show The Bachelor. Ok, I will admit that I did get sucked into this season.... I had been dis-enchanted in the past since none of the "matches" ever make it more than a few months; but I had high hopes for Jason..... I figured that since he is a daddy and he has his son's interests to think about too, that he would pick a girl and stick with her!!

I do believe he had planned on doing that.....until the ABC execs got their slimy hands on him!! My theory is that Jason had all intentions of picking Molly from the start.....she suited him better... I mean, I like Melissa...but she seemed to clingy..too needy....codependent for him!!

Anyway, he wanted to pick Molly and propose and run off into the sunset, but those ABC peeps came along and said "let's make some good TV"...."you could be the first bachelor to break-up on national TV and go back with your 2nd pick....blah, blah, blah"!! I think they made it sound real good and Jason agreed...which by the way ruined any respect I ever had for him!!!

They went through with the plan...melissa got dumped...Jason asked Molly to give him another chance...she easily accepted (hmmm...was she in on it too...?)...and now we see tonight, on the 2nd half of the "After the Rose" show, what the status is of Jason & Molly!!

I am just disgusted by this..... I can't believe they would knowingly let this girl get humiliated on TV like that.... all for good TV...I mean, what has this world come too.....? Everything is about ratings and money and advertisements.... geez!!!

Then again, look at the "free press" they have gotten now.... they have caused me and many others to talk about, write about...whatever... their show!! they won....and poor Melissa.... well, I hope she tells Jason and Molly to "shove it where you stick a suppository"!!!!

7 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

AMEN!!

I can not believe I watched it...I have NO respect for him at all!

Sarah said...

The minute they started the After the Rose thing I knew what was coming. Didn't watch any of either and probably never will watch any love finding reality TV (if you can call it real).

Sandra said...

Iposted on this too. I completely agree. I read REality sTeve, and he says it all...

so so sad!

April said...

Yup, what they did was awful. You know, not getting a rose or not being "The One" at the end is all apart of the show and the girls know this going in. I'm sure it NEVER crossed their mind that they could be the one choosen and then dumped 6 weeks later so he can make out with the one he didn't pick on NATIONAL TV! It was disgusting.

Amy McMean said...

I didn't watch any of the season but i watched last night and the after special.

My favorite part was when Melissa called him a BASTARD! I was like AMEN sister.

And i liked how Lurch (the tv guy) was like "due to the personal matter we have decided to not have a studio audience, we will only humilate this poor girl on TV."

♥ Kathy said...

I didn't watch it but I've heard a LOT about it lol

TuTu's Bliss said...

I watched the snips on video clip and that was enough for me. It just seemed like really really bad acting (except for the poor sweetie that got her heart broken)Thanks for joining in. hugs