Thursday, June 4, 2009

Writer's Workshop --- Gifts!!!

Wow, things are so quiet around here right now….. too quiet…. the boys went to stay with their Abuela for a few days and it is way too quiet!! Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy some silence……but only for a few minutes and then I miss the hustle & bustle that is my life!!!

Oh well....I guess it gives me time to finish my “assignment” for MamaKat, who probably thinks I am a terrible student….. seeing as I have been skipping class and forgetting to do my “homework”.....… I will make it up to you MamaKat…. I will try to hook you up with my BFF Ellen DeGeneres!! :)

Anyway, this is an easy one for me this week because of the recent loss of my great friend, Julie…I have chosen prompt #3... to describe a memorable gift and why it is important to me!!! Obviously this is easy for me, as it is a gift (gifts) from her that I will tell you about....


On this table, it may not seem like alot of things..... but there is a alot of meaning in it all.... These are the gifts I received for my birthday this year (in addition to the awesome shopping spree that Joe took me on); and just about every one of them came from Julie.

She loved giving gifts.... she loved to make people happy.... every Christmas (and other holidays) and every birthday anyone had (especially the neighborhood children), she would go out and get something for that person.

While my mom was alive, she started a collection (for me) of "Willow Tree" figurines/angels... I love them... I have a few from my mom and then a few more from my friends; and each and every one of them means something to me.
I am also a big fan of Bath & Body Works... I could spend all day in there looking around and smelling new scents etc...

Actually, in one of the bigger shopping plaza's by us, there is a B&BW and a Hallmark right next to each other....... and on M-A-N-Y occasions, Julie and I would go shopping (or "window" shopping) together. She used to joke that she wanted to catch up with me on her own collection of Willow Tree angels, so if any of mine ever went missing "I would know where to look"!!!

So, on this past birthday, she went ALL OUT... she gave me a gift bag full of Bath & Body Works soaps, hand gels/foams, and lotions. And she gave me 3 (three....yes, three......) Willow Tree's: 1)The Birthday Girl, 2) The Angel of Giving and 3) Sisters at Heart.....

The "Sisters at Heart" meant (means) SO,SO, SO much to me..... it made her and I feel that we were more than just friends.... I loved her more than just my buddy..... She was like a sister to me.... we were "Sisters in Heart"!!!! I Miss You Honey!!!!

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Yeah!!! Your blog loads up for me now
!!! It didn't for a long time!!!

I love Bath and Body works...

What a lovely gift bonanza!!!

Happy Birthday.. again...

So glad to be back!!!

Unknown said...

I'm with Saundra, I was having trouble linking to your blog too...it's fun to be back. I'll have to do some catching up.

I love the Willow Tree collection too! I only have a couple but hope to continue building it over the years!

Carrin said...

What wonderful gifts from a wonderful friend.

Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

So sweet. I wish I was a gift giver. These days I have barely been giving gifts to my parents. I have to get better because I can understand how a gift can mean so much to someone, even the smallest ones.

kisatrtle said...

what wonderful thoughtful gifts.

April said...

What a wonderful person she was. Yall were both blessed to have each other.

Amy McMean said...

oh my gosh. I love the willow tree figures.

you amde me tear up because it made me think of my "sister at heart" best friend.

Unknown said...

She sounds like a wonderful friend. I am sorry that you are missing her!

I always thought gift givers were the sweetest people. A lot of people don't give gifts any more. Just cash.

Gifts are special.