Thursday, June 11, 2009

Where Do I Want to be Right Now......?

I am late, I know..... but I still made it..... I couldn't miss another assignment, so I walked uphill both ways in the rain to get my Writer's Workshop assignment done....... Where do I want to be???

It would be really easy for me to say that I would much rather be on the beach somewhere....sitting in a lounge chair, sipping a Corona, running my fingers and toes through the sand, watching my kids build sand castles......yes, I would like that right now..... I am truly a beach girl.......
BUT, where I would really, really, REALLY like to be is sitting in my mom's living room, WITH HER ALIVE, talking to her...telling her about what the kids have been doing, telling her about Julie and how I hate cancer.... telling her my problems and the things that are bothering me and listening to her tell me that everything will be ok!!!!
Yes, I would much rather be visiting with my momma than sitting on the beach relaxing...... my mom could make everything feel better.....and I would give anything to have an evenign with her again........... until we meet again in Heaven, I will just dream......and write to her in my journal!!! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that is wonderful that you keep a journal of thoughts and such of your mother. I can't imagine not having my mother and I am so sorry for your loss!

Amy McMean said...

OH ok, we will gladly accept this late submission. Why is it that you either make me laugh or cry. No middle ground with you. :)

Unknown said...

There is just something so wonderful about Moms isn't there? I am sorry for your loss. I hope you will have peace today. God bless.

Marrdy said...

That was beautiful. Ssrry you have lost your Mom. I'm sure she is glad you remember her and want her back. Hugs to you!

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

hi Melissa! It has been such a long time since I've had a chance to drop in & write. I have checked in a few times jsut haven't commented. Good to catch up :)
MArie

Steve+Marie Douglas said...

I feel close to Elijah through journaling as well