Monday, September 15, 2008

Move Those Chains, Move Those Chains.....

I'll explain the title of this post in a bit...but first I'll tell you about our day/evening/day. We had a great time in Jacksonville.....it was nice to get away with no responsibilities and just relax!!! First thing I did upon arrival is to head to the local nail salon for some much needed pampering all by myself, which was nice as I usually take Angie with me and...well, you can imagine how that is with a 3 year old at the nail salon!!! We had a nice dinner at a little cuban restaurant by T's house, that also doubled as a latin dance club/bar. We had all intentions of getting our dance on and I was going to do my best to get Joe out there to dance some salsa with me. But unfortunately (or fortunately for Joe) my food didn't settle real well and I got terribly nauseas and we had to go home.....I am so bummed about that!! I did get a great night of sleep, without being woken up by the cries of "Mommy....mommy...come get me mommy....where are you mommy (because I don't usually go right in there).... MOMMY....". Off to the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium where we had a great time hanging out, tailagting & watching the game!! You wouldn't believe how many Buffalo Bills fans were actually there, which made it alot more fun with all the razzing on each side!! Now, while there were alot of Bills fans at the game, there were only a few sitting in our section,which by the way, was in the "club section"...and that was so nice being able to go in and out of the a/c, as it was like 100 degrees on the field...yuck!!
Now, onto my post title..... The Jaguars fans (or maybe other teams do this too) have this thing where upon a first down, it goes like this: announcer- "that's good enough for another Jaguars first down", then the crowd chants - "move those chains, move those chains, move those chains.... mooovvve!!!". Well, by the 4th quarter, I was hot, sweaty, and had a few "drinks" in me; and for those who know me, you know I am pretty talkative, out-going, and don't care what people think......and I decided that I would be a one person cheering section for the Bills upon their first downs. Sooooo, when they got a first down (and I would make sure to see the numbers on the post change so I wouldn't look like an idiot), I would say "that's good enough for a Bills---first down" and then, all by myself, I would say "move those chains, move those chains, move those chains...mooovvve!!" Oh, I had so much fun; and actually the Jags fans around us thought it was pretty funny and got a big kick out of me....although I think I might have embarassed Joe. Oh well, these things will happen when around me!! :) We really did have a great time and can't wait to go back for a Jags/Colts game, which I am trying to convince Joe to take me to, as the Colts will be there in December.
Turns out that it wasn't the food that made me sick on Saturday night because I am still feeling pretty crappy. In fact, I felt so bad this morning that I had to come home from work; which I never do..... I usually end up forfeiting my sick time at the end of every year since I don't use it. While I hate having to miss work (that's the truth--I promise--) because I am so busy, this really is good for me to just lay here and do NOTHING!!! :)

Here are some pictures from our weekend:

Joe and I at dinner...
Jaguars Stadium
Tailgating (there were others with us, but I don't know how they'd feel about me posting their pictures for the world to see)
In the game...before the craziness began
Some game shots
And by the way--the Bills won 20-16(there was one more Bills field goal after I took this picture)

No comments: