Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Little Olympian.....

....Science olympian, that is!!!

After 3 months of once-a-week practices, today Ethan competed in his first ever Science Olympiad!!!! His event was called "Picture This", which is sort of like the game Pictionary..... His team (of 3) had 5 minutes to go through 21 science related words (i.e. chemical change, evaporation, molecules, inertia, gravity etc...), draw them and have the other team members guess them without any verbal clues.

Ethan's team got through 20 of the words, only passed on 1 (one) and only missed 2 (two) of them.... at least that is what they told us..... We were not allowed to go in the room with them for obvious reasons (we could run out and tell other teams what words are being used....get it??) :)
Anyway, that is a great score and I am very, very proud of him...... of course I am proud of him no matter what, but as his mommy I do like to see him succeed as well!!!

Ethan and his teammates:
Gamps giving a "science" pep talk:
Ready, Set, GO..... (this is as close as I could get..... boo)
Congratulations Ethan...... my little SCIENCE STAR!!!!!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Congratulations to Ethan and to his Proud Mama!

Unknown said...

So cute! I love that you guys all showed up to cheer him on even though you couldn't watch the action!


Congrats Ethan!

April said...

Congrats to Eathan!!

April said...

I have an award for you today.

Cookie said...

Congrats! How exciting! :)