Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wordful Wednesday--The Day they First Met!!

Since this is my first “Wordful Wednesday”, I figured I’d do something old… I love going back and finding old pictures…thinking of the memories of “that moment”. I though about using a picture of my mom and the boys…the last picture she ever took with them all together before she died; but she looked so sickly in the picture and it actually felt too sad and I want this post to be fun!!



This is the first moment the boys met their new baby sister. She was one day old and the boys were 9 ½ (you know that ½ is such a big deal), 8 and 3 (just a few weeks shy of 3). I remember this moment like it was yesterday... I remember looking down at the 4 (wow!!) of them thinking... "oh my gosh, I have FOUR children....and oh my gosh, I finally got the girl!!" The boys were in love from the moment they saw her, they stared at her (just as they look in this picture) for a long time; amazed at all her little fingers and toes and all that hair! I remember Joseph asked "is she coming to our house?" It was a bittersweet time for us because my mom had just passed away 4 months earlier and I know she would've been thrilled to finally have a grandaughter (i'm the only child--so I'm the only grandchild producer... oh and yes, production is closed!!!). Angie was born the earliest of all my children, at just under 34 weeks, but she was the biggest, 5 lbs 14 oz (yes, that was the biggest child I had)!!
From this moment on, my life changed so much.... of course, in a good (but CRAZY) way!!

21 comments:

Claire said...

BEAUTIFUL story and BEAUTIFUL picture!!!

Straight to Your Hart said...

Sweet, Sweet event in all your lives..I love girls (k-that's all I could produce..but I couldn't be happier)! What a bless-ed day..thank you for sharing those tender thoughts and picture.

Serendipityissweet said...

Oh happy day! So sweet.

Joy said...

Beautiful, those are the moments you NEVER want to forget.

All those boys with that one little girl! She will deffinetly have many protectors over the years.

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

How very beautiful. The innocents of love at first sight!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

CanCan said...

How adorable! It makes me want to have a girl baby ASAP!

Lindsay said...

That is so sweet - and I'm glad you got a pic of it - how adorable!

Thanks for stopping by!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

what a wonderful picture and a beautiful story!

Jaime said...

What a great story and that picture is awesome!!

S Club Mama said...

what a great picture! I remember when I first met my little sister (she's 6 years younger than I who am 2 years younger than my older sister). I wanted a brother, but she's turned out well.

tiarastantrums said...

love pictures like this!!!

debi9kids said...

Just beautiful, the picture and the story.

Diva Ma @ Mommy Fabulous said...

THAT was the biggest you ever had?

LOL, those loving looks didn't last long over here cause when shse got bigger she became the BOSS!

Sweet story.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Too sweet!!!

AutoSysGene said...

Awe, this picture truly is a keepsake. I hope it's in a frame on a wall somewhere in your home.

Nina said...

That is so sweet. I cried my eyes out last year when I introduced my son to his new baby brother. It just melts your heart.

Jen said...

Aw so beautiful. I just love how they are all studing her and looking at her so tenderly.

Michelle said...

That is so precious of the four of them together! I love old photo's too!

Brandy said...

What a beautiful picture.

Wendy said...

Welcome to Wordful Wednesday and you chose a perfect post for this one. So much to say about your little family and you fit right in to this group. You will see they are all great commenters and so fun to visit. Hope you'll make a habit of joining us! Take the time to read Angie's posts at Seven Clown Circus..she is a wonderful person and you will love her writing.

Jaysi said...

Priceless picture!