Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Edge of Seventeen

I have a SIRIUS satelite radio and because of the unit that I have I am able to record songs that I like and replay them anytime. I am a big fan of rock music, so I have lots of songs from the "Lithium" channel (90's alternative rock); but I also LOVE to listen to and record from "Totally 80's" because it brings me back to when I was a kid. So, this morning we were listening to my music and the song "Edge of Seventeen" by Stevie Nicks came on..... "Just like the white winged dove, sings a song -- sounds like she's singing. Woo ooo hoo".....you remember that song, right?? Anyway, I love it; I was only 7 or 8 years old when it came out and I remember, vividly, riding in my mom's car while that song was playing. I remember sitting in the passenger seat in her Volkswagen Rabbit, with the sun shining through the windows, looking over at her singing the song....... So, as the song was playing this morning, I looked over at CJ, sitting in the passenger seat of my Dodge Durango, with the sun shining through the windows, and I was singing the song. I told CJ about my memory and how it brought a smile to my face because it reminded me SO much of my mom. I know it sounds weird, but it was such a good feeling....looking at my boy, in the same spot I was 26 years ago; and me in the spot my mom was and that just felt right. I hope she was looking down on us, smiling at that too!!

BTW- it's been 2 good days of dropping Joseph off with no tears. This morning I think he had a little bit of a struggle with it; he told himself, as I was leaving, "I don't want to cry, I'm not gonna cry"...and he didn't!!

No comments: