Friday, December 5, 2008

PSF - How Hard Can it Be...seriously??

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


I really do love this time of year.... I love looking at all the decorations around town and all the lights on the houses. I love the Christmas music and Christmas movies.... I even love the hussle and bussle of trying to get everything done (even though it does stress me out). The one thing I don't "love" is trying to get a good Christmas picture..... Seriously, how hard can it really be for all four of my children to look at me all at once with a nice smile?? ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

Angie's not looking and is puckering
Bad glare in Cj's glasses and again, Angie is not looking
Finally got Angie to look AND smile, but got a bad glare in Cj's glasses
After having such fun decorating the tree and taking some candid shots, I guess they just didn't feel like giving mommy the prize-winning shot......... Oh, but they will......... we will just try it again, t-o-n-i-g-h-t!!!
I am finally taking CJ (well, all the boys....Angie will stay home with daddy) to see "Twilight" this weekend. He has been begging me, but it has just been real busy around the house!! We've finally got a little time off and I am actually pretty excited to see it myself... hmmmmm, maybe this could be bargaining tool for a good Christmas picture, huh??

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't I know how you are feeling! my PSF was about the same thing!

Michelle said...

Nice tree........cute kids! :) I love certain aspects of Christmas. Don't love the stress it can bring!

MommaSuds said...

It is difficult most times isn't it. They are adorable though. Besides the glare they turned out pretty good. If he would point his face down just a little that might help. Maybe?

Good luck with getting the perfect shot. Merry Christmas!

LazyCrazyMama said...

LOL! We had much the same problem here, but unfortunately we only had the one weekend with my step-daughter, so we just have to go with what we were able to get! :)

Cecily R said...

I have to work on that tonight too....I'm hoping I can photo shop out the boogers on Evie's face AND catch them in a real smile...yea RIGHT!!!

Wish me luck! Wish us both luck!

Killlashandra said...

Good luck with the perfect shot for the holidays. You're right those are hard ones to get with the kiddies all being nice to each other and smiling at the same time. ;) I don't always have good luck either and normally only get 2 out of 3 of my kids looking good.

photomommy said...

I know how you feel...it's a struggle every year to get a good shot. Keep trying! Sometimes you get the best shots when you aren't even trying!

Claremont First Ward said...

Well, I think the pictures are cute, but I know first hand how hard it can be to so such a seemingly easy task........:) I mean, how hard is it to look straight ahead and smile? Pretty impossible in my case. :)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I SO FEEL YA! AT least they are smiling and looking which is more than I can say! :)

Unknown said...

Cute pictures of the kiddos! :)

Jo-Jo said...

I was going to do Christmas photos tonight of the kids until Riley got a shinner. :-( Love yours though! I think they are GREAT!

Mama Amber said...

I think the pictures turned out pretty well! I haven't even attempted it with the babies yet. They're not much for pictures these days. Lol.
Good luck on getting the perfect shot!

Live.Love.Eat said...

They look great but sometimes an impromptu is all you need. Have fun seeing Twilight!!!!!!!!!! And that's so cool you go see the singing trees too.

Anonymous said...

I think your pictures turned out cute!! It must be nearly impossible to get a 100% perfect shot with more than one kid, so I think you did great!

tiarastantrums said...

ha ha - we do torture our kids - don't we!

Chris said...

The movie got great review from my wife and daughter!