Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ok, I'm in love with a vampire..... so what???

Do you hear that sound???? Yes, it's the sound of me being sucked into the phenomen that is the Twilight series. I had been putting off getting involved because...well, I just don't have the time. But, this afternoon I finally made good on my promise to take CJ to see Twilight. Yes, I saw the movie before I read the book..... and actually I'm glad that I did. I went into it with no expectations, therefore NO disappointment!!! So, I loved the movie and I.love.edward. Isn't there just something very appealing about a handsome, strong, protective, sexy "man"??? Even if he is a vampire???
Anyway, I am now completely sucked in and have to read all the books. I tried to convince myself (and CJ) that I don't need to read Twilight....because I just saw the movie and I get the storyline...I get how they fall in love. But CJ is adamant about me reading and getting all the missing parts...so, I guess I will start at the beginning.
I promise I won't leave you all during my affair with these books........so, don't tell Joe, but I am in love with a vampire!!!

14 comments:

Casey's trio said...

If you liked the movie, you will LOVE the books. And yes, you will be totally sucked in:)

Anonymous said...

I have not seen the movie yet but I plowed through the books in a less than a month....loved them!!!

MommaSuds said...

I wasn't going to read them either but I was lured in. I read the first book so far. Haven't seen the movie yet though. Want to read all the books first. I have plenty of time since I hdon't plan on seeing it until it comes out on video.

Wendelyn DeMoss said...

You will love love the books and I am glad you are reading them. They are so much more than the movie. I can't wait to read your post on the book!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the movie. You're sure to love the books too. You must read them. They are easy, fast reads.

Keyona said...

Welcome to the club sweetie! :o)

Unknown said...

YAY!!!!!!! The books are much better! I am reading the 4th one! Love it and I'm taking my time because I don't want it to end! I haven't met anyone who isn't in love with Edward! :) *sigh* You will love it!!!

Emily said...

I saw the movie first and finished the book in 3 days... addicted!!! I love edward too.. my husband keeps telling me.. emily it isnt real! ha!

Rachel said...

I still haven't gotten on the bandwagon yet to read this series...and then a movie comes out about it...I need to get moving!

Anonymous said...

The book is AWESOME!!!!! I loved it. I have yet to see the movie, but i hear the book is WAY better (usually is).

imbeingheldhostage said...

Hah! I LOVE that sound of someone else being sucked in!! I've been a little worried that I did become so obsessed with the saga, so I feel so much better when I see it happening to others :-)

I'm also excited that you were happy with the movie before the book-- I haven't seen the movie yet because we don't get it for another 10 days.

La Pixie said...

go Team Edward!!

Indrani said...

Vampires?
I saw the book in my 12 year old's hand. Never had the urge to read it. May be I will see it first.

Ashley said...

Another Twilight Junkie!! The books are a hundred times better, My husband is finally dealing with the fact that I am in love with Edward too :)
I came over from SITS, Have a Happy New Years!
-Ash-