Thursday, January 1, 2009

Writer's Workshop - Happy New Year Top 10 List

I am so glad MamaKat had Writer's workshop, even with it being a holiday week..... I sure have missed it!!!! Head on over and check out everyone's "assignments"!! :)

Like always there are some prompts.... I could tell of a New Years Eve that I just should've stayed home but I really can't ever remember having a bad one; or I could tell of something that I do that drives my mother crazy, but you all know that my mom is not alive for me to make her crazy....although i LONNNNGGG to do something to make her crazy; or I could give MamaKat a good gluten-free recipe (2 of her children are allergic to gluten---yucky!!!), but I wouldn't even know where to start with that one--sorry MamaKat..........so, I am going to ring in the New Year with my own Top 10 List (well actually I have enlisted Joe's help with this one too)...

TOP 10 Things I Won't Miss About 2008:
10. Political Campaign Ads
9. My daughter at "3" years old --- whoever said "Terrible Twos" certainly did not have a 3 year old
8. My size A/B Ta-tas (you get it, right??)
7. Having a sick dog... no more ER vets, please!!
6. My kitchen counter tops-- that's right peeps, we are getting new counters!!
5. Bad news from Joe's doctor!!!!! I know that we will be getting all good news from this point on... :) Keep praying for him!!
4. George W. Bush's presidency--- need I say more...?
3. Staying out of touch with family and old friends
2. Bad Economy--- it just HAS to get better
And the #1 thing I will not miss about 2008 is................................. My pre-blogging days-- what would I do without this "release"...and all my blogging friends!!

Joe and I had such a good day today!! We took a really nice motorcycle ride to the coast and hung out on the beach in the windy, chilly weather. Then came back and ate our "good luck, New Years" meal at his mom's house (you know-- hoppin' johns, collard greens, 12 grapes etc...). But now we are both tired and ready for a relaxing evening at home....he has a sore neck, so I guess somebody will be getting a good massage tonight after our little lady goes to bed!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR FRIENDS!!!!!

3 comments:

TuTu's Bliss said...

I love your blog too and I see that I have made another Twilight Lovin' bloggy friend. It is a sign..I must finally make time to read the series. Hugs, Jen

Amy McMean said...

Amen to no more "VOTE FOR ME" ads. I'll miss Mr.Bush he provided plenty of conversation. good riddens.

Our "good luck" dinner here is pork and saurkraut. I sure hope your good luck dinner helps do the trick.

Carrin said...

I love the idea of a good luck dinner. I need to incorporate that into my new traditions.
Still keeping your man in my prayers!