Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wordful Wednesday - Upside Down Margarita...yummy!!

For my Wordful Wednesday post today, I am going to share with you the fun of an "Upside Down Margarita".

This past weekend Joe and I decided to go to the Florida vs. Tennesse game instead of our usual UCF (which we have season tickets for) game.... we were offered the tickets and since I have never been to a "big" college game, we figured what the heck.

One of our buddies, who is a UF alumn, has a huge tailgate party for every game.... he has tons of food, drinks, people, drinks (oh I said that) and music. About every 30 minutes, they play "Zorba the Greek" and you wouldn't believe the people who line up to get an upside-down margarita.... that being a shot (or two) of tequila and margarita mixed poured into your mouth while you are reclined, leaning your head back)....good times!!

This is how it went.....

Me and Joe BEFORE it got crazy:
Another buddy announcing that the first "round" of the day was about to start
After a few other people, it was my turn
And then Joe's turn
And then later... my turn AGAIN
And as the day got on (and more drinks were had)... things got "creative"...
3 college girls at a time (you know the guys were loving that)
"Co-Ed" Upside Downer
It amazed me HOW MANY people lined up for these....as soon as the music came on...
Needless to say, we had loads of fun.... :)

6 comments:

April said...

Looks like yall had a blast! So, did ya actually watch the game? ;)

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Wow - looks FUN!

Lisa Anne said...

WOW what fun. I love me a margarita and that's like the ultimate of the "god damn good margarita" I've had.

Brandy said...

If there's margaritas Im so there! Looks like you had a blast!

Amy McMean said...

oh my gosh that looks like it was a blast.

~~Mel~~ said...

OMG so fun!!! I so want to try that someday...lol.

P.S. love that blue shirt you're wearing.