Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wordful Wednesday - Organized

Awwww Wednesday... I am so glad you are here... it has actually taken you a while to get here this week... but welcome anyways!!!! You come second only to Thursdays; and that's just because I don't work on Fridays, so technically Thursday is my Friday (are you still with me?)!!!

Anyway, todays Wordful Wednesday (hosted by the lovely Angie at Seven Clown Circus) will showcase just what happens when you leave the kids to "put things away neatly".

This is the hall closet that is basically all kids stuff.... it holds their towels, their craft supplies, their extra school supplies, their extra sheets and blankets for their beds, light bulbs for their rooms, their lite brite, and their container of beads (you know the ones you put on the peg board and then iron).
When things need to get put away in that closet, I usually have one of the kids do it, since it is their stuff.... and they need to learn how to take care of their stuff and put it away.

They are kids, I know.... kids are kids... kids do not think like adults and that's fine..... So, WHY does it bother me so much when I open the closet to get something and it looks like this....
AND..... why is it ME who is the one to spend an hour cleaning, throwing away crap and organizing their stuff so that it will look like this......
Please.... someone enlighten me.... am I expecting too much for my kids (especially the 11 and 13 year old boys) to want to keep their stuff neat and organized....?

11 comments:

Keyona said...

Let me give you my address so you may come organize my closet. M'kay?

KarieK said...

LOL I am the same way!! I don't think we ask too much when we say "clean AND organized" sheesh!

Happy WW

Karie

cat said...

LOL! No your not!

MommyLisa said...

To be honest - I don't think it is ever too early to start TRYING to be more neat and organized.

Except trying to be neat and organized caused me to "misplace" something the other day. I found it quite by accident where I had stashed stuff just so it was off the dining room table.

sigh.

Michelle said...

Yes, you are expecting too much! LOL! I keep hoping my girls will be neat freaks but so far it hasn't happened.

Sherry said...

great organization! Wednesday did take forever to get here! Our dog is a hound.

Carrin said...

Ah, kids and cleaning! What a chore. We had to re-teach TJ (13) how to vacuum last night. He vacuumed the living room 3 times before it was to his dad's satisfaction. Seriously how hard is it to vacuum correctly?

Lisa Anne said...

The life of a MOm. I think around 11 and especially 13 they should be able to put things away neatly. If not they should start learning. I am the same way though, I tell my son to clean his room and make his bed and he does, but I'm in there right after making sure everything is all neat and tidy.

It's our job as a Mom i guess. LOL

comes see my halloween spooktacular.

Newlywed Bliss said...

You are a great mom for cleaning up after your kiddos! They always have "more important" kid things to do like play outside...ride their bikes...watch Spongebob...etc...I know when I was kiddo, cleaning up after myself was the last thing I wanted to do! They'll grow out of it...eventually! hehe :)

Jen said...

Great post! My BFF and I have started doing an "afternoon call" when we are on our way to pick up the kids from school.

And yes, I think you are asking too much from the boys! lol! But if you want, you can come do that at my house!!

~~Mel~~ said...

I am so not the organized type...I like to say I live in organized chaos lol. I know where everything is but it may not be in it's proper spot.

Kudos to you for teaching your kids early on what my mom failed to teach me!